Touchstone is an Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Testing as a Service (TaaS) Open Access Solution for health information exchange. Touchstone strives to live up to its dictionary definition - a criterion for determining the quality or genuineness of a thing - by offering thousands of tests in an easy-to-use system for determining a test system's conformance and interoperability against published specifications, standards, and profiles, including templates and implementation guides.
- allows for automated, internet-based interoperability FHIR Testing against the HL7 FHIR specifications and standards.
- tests interoperability with other FHIR Server and FHIR Client implementations.
- has been engineered from the ground up to leverage the new FHIR TestScript resource.
- is a blend between Test-Driven-Development (TDD) methodologies and Natural Language Processing (NLP) test scripts.
- has been featured at HL7 FHIR Connectathons and is being leveraged in a continuous testing environment by numerous leading HL7 FHIR implementers.
- plays an active role in the HL7 Conformance Testing community, the HL7 Argonaut Project, and the HSPC Implementation community.
- self-registration of user accounts and organizations.
- ability for users to execute FHIR test scripts against test systems with Touchstone serving as the initiator of message exchanges.
- ability for users to initiate message exchanges from their test systems against other peer test systems with Touchstone FHIR testing tool serving as the intermediary.
- ability to drill down to individual operations and assertions in test execution results during FHIR Testing.
- ability to save configured sets of test scripts as named "test setups" for re-execution.
- controlled access to test scripts, test systems, and test results at the user, organization, and organization group levels.